Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Valanciunas news
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
ValanciunasFanboy
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Representing:

To me, he's a young Marcus Camby.
Long, tall, can be a great defender with focus on challenging shots in the post, can hit a pull up, loves to cut and dunk.

Defensively, right now he's an extreme version of Camby. All about challenging shots at expense of box outs and space. But it will likely even out a little once he's in the NBA.
Where I think Jonas could be much better than Camby is toughness when defending Howards and Bynums and the like.
Jonas is tough. He needs strength but he embraces contact even when the odds aren't in his favor. Idk if I'd call Camby tough. He's a bit of flash over substance. Not very physical. Jonas could be.
Hopefully he also develops more of a back to the basket game than Camby. And hopefully he'll be more consistent offensively than Camby, especially when it comes to jumpers.
But that's all hopes, he's not there yet.
Right now, he's very much young Camby.

And tbh, I don't think he'll ever be similar to Noah defensively. Noah is so smart and good when it comes to owning space, and he can also defend a lot of perimeter players very well for a 5. I don't think Jonas will be above average in those areas.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote