Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Win more this season or Tank??
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

With a new coach, especially one striving to change the culture, I feel differently than I did at the beginning of last season. It's tough. Plus, we know the roster is getting an infusion of talent from JV anyway. We might have already caught a break in last year's draft.

If the Raps make the playoffs or come real close, then that means they've really improved through internal progression. Derozan's 3 point shooting alone makes me optimistic that he works hard in the offseason and further improvement will continue. The Raps having a good season would probably also mean that Bargnani's recent play was sustained for a year. That makes the team less desperate for an infusion of talent from a top 5 pick, since it would mean Bargs and DD are already making the team somewhat competitive, with further improvement to come.

If DD and Bargs can get the team close to the playoffs, there would be a lot of reason for optimisim, since JV is not even here yet. You're already adding a lottery type prospect next year. And since the 2012 draft is solid, you can probably get a decent prospect with a later pick.

This year I'm content to just see them play hard and let the chips fall wherever they fall. I'm just watching. No hidden agenda.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote