Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - James Johnson!
Thread: James Johnson!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sean
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

He plays passionately and with a lot of energy, but he needs to pick his spots better as at times he gets to excited and ends up costing his team by overhelping (which, after years of never having any help defense, I can live with) and gambling for steals. I do like what he does for this team defensively, though. Once he corrects some of these minor brain cramp moments that he is prone to having, and we have to realize that this really is his first year in the league where he actually gets consistent minutes, he is going to be a really good defender for the Raptors.

Offensively he is a bit of a train wreck as he tends to dribble himself into trouble and he certainly has turnover problems. His jumper still needs a lot of work, but he does give the team a nice look with his playmaking ability from the small forward spot. With a team that has so little playmaking, it is a valuable attribute that he brings to the table, but much like him defensively, he needs to learn to pick his spots better.

Even if my post may seem a bit critical of him, I do really like what he brings to the team and he is a very valuable piece. Hopefully he can round out his game and work out some of his flaws because he definitely brings a lot of nice things to the table.
Sean is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote