Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why Westbrook won't work in OKC
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
kishan13
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Guys, those trades are pipe dreams. Do you want to know what it would probably take? Bargnani + DeMar + Jonas + 1st Rounder. If you don't have a star player to at least somewhat equalize the value, you'd have to mortgage your whole future to acquire a perennial all-star. Known quantities are worth a lot.
I doubt it would take that much. Lets look at the Carmelo trade:

Denver got: Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, Mosgov, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

New York got: Melo, Billups, Sheldon Williams, Carter and Balkman.

If you think about it, Chandler, Gallinari and the 1st rounder were the only players who fit into the nuggets future plans and the 1st rounder will probably be a late pick anyway. So basically Chandler and Gallinari for a proven superstar in this league isnt a whole lot. Westbrook hasnt even proven yet that he can be a superstar and lead a team so I dont see how he would net a whole lot more.

If we do trade for Westbrook, I hope he agrees to sign a contract cause I certainly dont want to give up good young players for half a season of Westbrook.

Last edited by kishan13; 12-31-2011 at 07:20 AM.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote