Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Now that Bargnani is going to be a full-time PF....
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
If we're going to contend in the next three years the main players will be: DeMar, Andrea, James, Jerryd, Amir, Jonas, Ed and Jose.
I really hope we trade at least 2/3 of those players some time next season, before the deadline. I'd love to see Bayless shipped out and have Jose mentor a young PG prospect (acquire either through draft or FA); and there is no way we have ED and Amir back up Bargs and Val. It's a waste of talent and with the premium big men carry, we will be able to (and should) pick up a good player for one of these guys to fill a need.

But that's further down the road. Currently, I doubt BC is really holding any of our players out of trade discussions, but I doubt even more that he will pull the trigger on any trade involving one of the big men this season - especially Davis, the guy with probably the most potential on our current team (not including Jonas). And it's not like Davis hasn't delivered already. Sure, he hasn't been a monster in every single game, but the consistency will come. He is still raw and needs to bulk up, but he is smart/talented enough to take and make good shots. And he's an above average offense rebounder, which means that he's always going to get a few easy buckets/game.

In the future, I'd love to see Jonas and ED starting and either Amir or Bargs coming off the bench as the 6th guy. I guess it depends most on their progression and development (Jonas may still turn out to be a bust), but their ceiling is much higher than Bargs' and Amir's. Generally speaking, though, having too many young big guys on a roster is a good problem to have.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote