Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey: I'm not a tryant"
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Casey: I'm not a tryant"

From the Globe and Mail

Quote:
“I’m not a tyrant, there’s no question,” Casey said. “It’s a situation where you’re making sure guys do their jobs and it’s all about winning and it’s not about self-satisfaction or doing it my way or the highway or anything like that.

“It’s about building a program that’s going to last.”

That is Casey’s charge this season and it will be how he is judged. The season began with a 104-96 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday and continues with the team’s home opener on Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers.

Casey vows not to get too frustrated with a relatively young team that needs as much teaching as it does fine-tuning, and the players, through a short training camp and preseason, seem willing to buy in. But it is perhaps Casey’s personality that makes it possible; he is soft-spoken and treats the players with respect.

“I can’t speak highly enough about him,” guard Jerryd Bayless said. “He brings a certain focus that we didn’t have last year. His philosophy on defence and offence is, both things win games.”
Raptors coach Dwane Casey ‘not a tyrant’ - The Globe and Mail
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote