Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors home opener may stir up old animosities
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Raptors home opener may stir up old animosities

I completely forgot that we didn't get along with them last season.

Quote:
The Pacers grabbed 20 more rebounds than the Raptors in two home wins last season, including a 56-38 edge in a 104-93 victory Jan. 31 in Vogel's first game after replacing the fired Jim O'Brien. However, they were outrebounded 46-34 in a 108-98 loss at Toronto on March 11 in the final meeting.

Losing a sixth consecutive game overall probably added to its frustration, but Indiana was angered that Raptors guard Leandro Barbosa tried to add to his season-high 29-point effort with a drive to the basket, instead of dribbling out the clock, with six seconds left.

Toronto argued that it was payback for Pacers point guard Darren Collison hitting a long three-pointer as time expired in the Jan. 31 matchup.

"If I was on him, I would have took [Barbosa's] head off and I would have been suspended for a game for a flagrant foul," said Granger, who led with Pacers with 19.0 points and 8.3 rebounds per game in the season series. "Stuff like that will sit in the back of your head the next time we play Toronto. We don't play them again but if I was on him, I would have taken his neck off."

The Pacers, though, have far more to be concerned about than Barbosa after the Raptors shot 53.2 percent and had seven players score in double figures in Monday's 104-96 win at Cleveland.

"It's one game," coach Dwane Casey said following his Toronto debut. "I don't want to get too excited on wins and I don't want to get too upset on losses. There are 65 more games."
Raptors home opener may stir up old animosities
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote