Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Broussard: Boston offered Rondo/Green for Westbrook/Perkins
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #72 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,904
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
And you think that I have a comprehension problem? LOL....
Yes. When I asked you "what's my point exactly?", you ignored it and somehow posted something that is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
you have a habit of arguing against a point that isn't being made, and it is glaring in this situation.
This.



Quote:
My assertions regarding Rondo are not based on any single game.
I never said they were. When I say "This one game SHOULD NOT affect your judgement in the slightest way", I mean "your" in the general sense, not you in particular. For example, when you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Hopefully Clutch & Insider got a chance to see today's Celts/Knicks game. Ha.
why would it matter if I saw that game? It's not going to change my opinion so why does it matter? I've seen enough of him over the years and that's what my opinion is based on, as is yours. I never said you based it on one game, I just don't understand why I needed to see that game though, as if it means anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
here's how you, in this case, are arguing against a point that isn't being made:


there was an argument about paul vs rondo.

there was another argument about paul vs westbrook.

both of these are perfectly valid, and have their points and counter-points. and for the most part, so one was saying that he doesn't help his team more than hurt it. they were saying that, in their opinion, he falls short of the super-star status because he has a significant hole or two in his game. in the paul-rondo thread i actually went on at length about his toughness as an asset that the other guys may not have, so it is pretty clear that i see lots of value in rondo in some areas.

but then you came back after game 1 with an 'i told you so' post, as if that somehow validates your case in the argument. it is a 1-game sample that could be countered by plenty of one-game scenarios in which he fell flat, some of them on the biggest stage in the world. but the overall case isn't about one game. in fact, it is about a pattern of inconsistency, shyness in the clutch and a wonky jumper that can be hit and miss. and the fact that you called 2 posters out on that one-game sample is what i have been reacting to. it is based on, either a total lack of understanding of the criticism that has been made against rondo, or a myopic view of what constitutes a reasonable sample size.
This.




MY POINT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
calling out 2 guys based on one game when the debate has always been about a long-term issue. is that clear enough?





Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i saw you use one game as an 'i told you so' in this case. it was an idle comment for you, and an idle response from me to call you out for it. all the rest of this was in response to you thinking i was somehow critiquing rondo, when what i was simply critiquing you for using one game as vindication of your argument.

thus the 'game 1' response.

thus the point about re-framing the debate.

thus the comment about arguing against a point that has not been made.

all of this should have been clear early on, in which case this wouldn't have gone out of proportion. but you did not (and may still not) understand that.
This.



Do I expect Rondo to score 20-30 every night out?

You tell me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Rondo is good enough to have games like these on a regular basis.

Quote:
He's out there to run the show, create for teammates, rebound and play tough, tough D. And he does all of things on a regular basis and THAT is why I sing his praises.
Never said otherwise.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
And you think that I have a comprehension problem? LOL....
Yes.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote