Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Broussard: Boston offered Rondo/Green for Westbrook/Perkins
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
and another 150 games he played like shit because of a thousand small legs issues. don't you watch Celts?
Westbrook on the other hand is probably the healthiest player in the NBA.
I'm not sure he played like "shit" in that many games, but I see the point you're trying to make. Even when Rondo was playing in the second half of last season, he was frequently battling some nagging injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Rondo has missed a combined 26 games in his first 5 seasons. I don't think health is a major issue.
14 of those were last season.

Yeah, normally that's not a lot, but Rondo would probably try to play with a broken leg, so that 14 figure can be misleading. It's like 20+ in terms of actual damage to the body. Although that characteristic is great to have during the NBA finals, it can work against a player during the regular season when it's a marathon, not a sprint. There were a couple of occasions when Rondo probably should have shut it down for a few games and didn't, which only allowed things to linger.

In the past 15 months, Rondo has had problems with a Hamstring, a tweaked Knee, Plantar Fasciitis, a couple of sprained ankles, and an elbow injury. Some argued (last season) that his leg should have been shut down for a while (I think it was after the hammy problem) so he could heal. It's possible the first leg/foot problem contributed to the other nagging injuries.

Dude plays hard but it has consequences.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 12-23-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote