Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN Eastern Conference Predictions
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
There was so much more going on.

the guys is a fucking encyclopedia of hoops. he had zero efficacy because he was usurped by his GM. Trust me man, I heard some shit. Basically, he knew way early in the year he was gone. Colangelo had him way under the bus, and of course the whole team knew it as well. The same shit you are hearing Casey say and do, Jay was doing and saying... problem is, he had zero back up. You can't give a person accountability without authority in any business environment, you are setting them up to fail (write that down ala Van Wilder)

So, was Triano over matched...hmm...not really, but he was definitely operating in a no win environment. most coaches are once it starts going South, save a few that have gained significant clout, and there about 3-4 of those league wide max.

So now Colangelo, well he's Jay now, now his ass is on the line, so you're seeing the calls made that SHOULD have been made three years ago. Sadly Jay got fucked by it all but he's getting his pay so thats good. still though, it's frustrating for him.

thats the biz though, he knew it going in.
I see what you're saying, but Jay just seemed overwhelmed too.... he didn't have the ability to lay down the hammer. I think being promoted from an assistant didn't help him here. Jay is a smart guy, but he didn't do a good job of being a hard ass.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote