Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Best Player On The Toronto Raptors This Year Will Be.....
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #99 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Whoa - I'm not challenging that. I was arguing against a specific criterion for evaluating Bargnani's usefulness to the team. And as you so eloquently point out, it is not that important a criterion.

You can use "relied upon to play some tough, hard-nosed D" as your criterion and I won't argue with you.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying "you can't just look at the stats" when I was discussing the stat, and not the actual impact. I'm in favour of using the actual impact as the criterion, rather than the suggested statistic.
And I'm certainly not coming at you personally.... I just wanted to weigh in on the idea since I know that some of the Bargs supporters have had their heads buried in the sand for along time when it's come to how mind-bogglingly bad his D really is.

Yes, the team has sucked defensively as a whole for a long time.... but he's certainly been worst of the bunch IMO (outside of a gimpy Jose).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key