Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Christopher Hitchens gone
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Hitch was also the Devil's Advocate when the RCC was going through the beatification process for Mother Theresa. I personally find it disrespectful when your opinion of a person suddenly changes after their death, so I've been pleased to see that while it caused Hitch to moderate his tone slightly, he appeared no less certain of his convictions.
I loved how he insisted that Bob Hope was not funny, when he finally died.

If he was doing his own obit, I would expect to see something about how he ended up supporting the hidden agendas of a National Security Agency on steroids, after having worked so tirelessly against the NSA, particularly on the heels of his brilliant case against Kissinger. His writing on the Iraq war was the only time that it felt like he had to come up with excuses. I really wish his convictions could have leant some outrage to the corrupt Justice dept., the black sites, and the unbelievable descent of the government into Orwellian spheres that continues post-Iraq.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote