Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dwight willing to sign with the Mavs
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
unless they make themselves look 100 times worse by trying to make themselves look great via charity "Decisions" on espn
I don't agree.
Quote:
Btw, I thought Dwight was managing his whole "demand" thing very well from PR perspective.
The last few days, he was saying all the right things.
Like "I want to win" "but I love Orlando" "I'll keep working 100% hard in the mean time" "I don't want to leave Orlando with dick in its hand so I'm saying in advance" (i'm not sure if he used those exact words, I may be mistaken)
And today he goes out and says "I wanted to stay but I gave this GM a list of names and he didn't trade for them". Dwight, I think you forgot to consult your PR guy on that one
Players under contract should never be able to say ANYTHING to the media/friends/random hobo that sleeps beside their arena about wanting a trade to any other teams.
When you're under contract, you should honor your contract.
If your GM/Owner comes to you and says "will you resign with us next year (no), okay, then where can we trade you that you'll be happy so we can get something good out of the trade".
Players simply have too much power.
Players should be fined, heavily, if they speak out and demand trades.

Social media is going to continue to be a plague on the world, not just sports.
Psi is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote