Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - simmons - 12 days of nba christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Yeah well, I guess that works. But when I think back to how I fell in love with the game, it was by watching teams with more than one star, and usually more than two stars as well as a vet that was once a star. I would have to forget a lot to be able to enjoy parity under such a scenario. I would much rather see them try redistributing profits a little more first.
Well, then this year, and especially 2013-14 should be very interesting for you. Redistribution of revenues is the only real change that was made to the system. Between the revenue sharing plan (whatever it ends up being) and the stiff tax, we'll see how well that sort of system can work for the NBA.

And the three star system could still work. If a team has a star, they can still afford a star on a rookie deal or a borderline all-star, as well as any vet stars who are looking for a ring rather than a payday - they just can't afford what Miami has - multiple players who would command the majority of a team's salary in a "free market" hard cap scenario.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote