Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The 2012 Draft...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
AAAgreed!

& While I don't think the Draft is fixed for the NBA I do think it is fixed for the Raptors...

in 96 we got the #1 pick but the league decided we weren't aloud to have it? & then we got the number 2 pick instead - I called BS

& then we finally get the number 1 pick Again in 2006 after years of loosing & the NBA decides to change the age limit & rule to 18+ 1 year of college? & we missed out on Durant & (Oden, which was probably a good thing), still I call BS.

I just think there are too many things that point to us not getting a good pick this year even if we deserve it, the history is there...Maybe it's just me?
It was established beforehand that we could not get the number one pick - as such, we won the second pick.

Once again, the age limit was changed well before the lotto in 2006.

As for all those losing years between '95 and '06...

26th, 24th, 23rd, 27th, 16th, 13th, 13th, 19th, 28th, 22nd, 27th (of 29)

That's 11 years, with 4 bottom 5 appearances, including only 3 bottom 3 appearances, and 3 times not even in the lotto.

Looking at the odds at those bottom 3 places, the Raps were barely more likely to win once in that time than not at all.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote