Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The 2012 Draft...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Professional Scorer

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post

& While I don't think the Draft is fixed for the NBA I do think it is fixed for the Raptors...

in 96 we got the #1 pick but the league decided we weren't aloud to have it? & then we got the number 2 pick instead - I called BS

& then we finally get the number 1 pick Again in 2006 after years of loosing & the NBA decides to change the age limit & rule to 18+ 1 year of college? & we missed out on Durant & (Oden, which was probably a good thing), still I call BS.

I just think there are too many things that point to us not getting a good pick this year even if we deserve it, the history is there...Maybe it's just me?
I rmb this, AI was suppose to be ours, but Stern didnt want an expansion team to have the 1st overall. Technically we did get the 1st overall we just got booted down to 2nd and settles for Camby. Talks of Durant and Oden coming out for the 2006 draft then bam, after that College rule all the top players dropped out making it a fairly weak draft. I was excited tat we had a chance at Oden tbh.

For this year if we do land top 3 who will we pick? 3/5 of them are big men. And we need a legitimate starting SF/PG, but at the same time would you really want to pass up if Andre Drummond falls to us and both Barnes/Drummond are still there. I think we sohuld also try and land in another 1st rounder mid-high
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote