Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NP: Calderon would like to play with Gasol
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Default NP: Calderon would like to play with Gasol

It would be funny if they used the amnesty on Jose to clear the cap space to sign him.

Quote:
Jose Calderon spent a chunk of the fall training in Barcelona with the club’s B-team. The Gasol brothers, Pau and Marc, were working out with the A-team.

Marc, of the Memphis Grizzlies, is a restricted free agent. The Raptors need a centre. Hence, a rumour was born.

“He’s a great guy. I love him,” Calderon said of the younger Gasol. “He’s one of the best, if not the best free agent out there. I think he could be a great help for sure. If it’s me, yes, for sure [I’d go after him.] I’d love to have a teammate like him. I know there are a lot of teams looking for a guy like that.”

Alas, it is an unlikely match. The Raptors, assuming they do not use their amnesty clause, will have about US$8-million to spend in free agency, probably not enough to land Gasol. The Grizzlies will also have the right to match any offer for him. Gasol, 26, averaged 11.7 points and 7.0 rebounds per game last year.
LINK - National Post
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote