Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Nets prep Dwight Howard offer
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
Bynum is also made of porcelain. I would avoid him like the plague if I were looking for a long-term cornerstone. I can't see the Magic letting Howard go for someone so high-risk.
That was my first thought as Bynum has played only one full season and the second is the fact that Bynum's ego is becoming monstrous - he hasn't done anything yet to warrant it. His career stats are 10.5/7.1/1.5 and yes, he does impact the game in many other ways but as the Orlando GM I wouldn't touch Bynum for the above reasons.

On an aside, isn't the new Buss running the team in love with Bynum and wants him around? Let's be honest, Kobe does not like Bynum - Although Laker Nation would kill Buss if he traded Kobe (at least I would). IMO, if I were the Lakers, I would go after Marc Gasol and bring him back there. M.Gasol's play-off averages of 15/11.2/2.2 are very good, his career is 12.6/7.8/.9, he knows how to play with his brother obviously, Kobe has stated that it was too bad the Lakers had to trade him for his brother, has great character and is generally healthy.

A line of M.Gasol, P.Gasol, Artest, Kobe, Fisher with Odom off the bench is pretty good - and the Lakers get to keep their core generally intact plus maintaining one of the best 6th men in the league still. If the Lakers scoop a pg to replace Fisher I think the Lakers will be set for awhile and be dominate.

Edit: Was thinking of the combination of Bynum and Randolph, that could be scary good or quickly implode from their egos. The defence of Bynum would certainly elevate that team if he stays healthy (big IF) and their rebounding would be devastating.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 11-30-2011 at 11:42 AM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote