Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Shaq Addresses Christine Bosh
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #143 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Originally Posted by LX View Post
So you would say that there has not been a successful team with a player of Bosh's calibre (not an elite superstar) as the best player? If that's the case, then it's just inaccurate. Furthermore you don't need a clear delineation between options 1-2-and 3. It's much more important to build a system that compliments each, as well as the guys that might be there for nothing more than defense or rebounding or whatever. You get that happening - and Miami got a long ways there in one season - and you just can't say that anyone is being wasted. If you want to delineate the value of individual payers based on the perception of where they fit on some kind of food pyramid, I just can't find it of much interest or relevance. It ends up just being an opinion that might mean something to some, but only in some abstract sense. And maybe that works with rel basketball being so far off from reality anyways.
Pretty much what I've been trying to say.

Make no mistake here... I'm not simply trying to pump up Bosh because I'm still loyal to the guy... I'd defend ANY good player in the same situation.

Dirk took a lot of heat when DAL was bounced by GS... and there were pundits who said that he just wasn't tough enough to get the job done... I never agreed with that. You saw what happened once DAL altered their formula and got a better TEAM in place that complimented their star.

Ditto for Kobe when he was carrying the Lakers by himself for a few seasons.

Ditto for KG in Minny until he got Spree and Cassell that one year.

Look at what happened to D12's success once his cast started to suck this year.

It's very difficult to fault a single player for a lack of success when the rest of the team just isn't up to snuff.

That's pretty much been my point.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote