Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kleiza will play in Lithuania with S. Weems or Jonas
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
ValanciunasFanboy
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I wonder, how well do you guys think the Raptors would do playing against European teams. To be honest, we'd still probably be crap.
You'd be ahead on talent. How much the rules would hurt you, that's another question. A lot of zone, smaller court, hand checking, goal tending, way fewer game breaks, it all adds ups.

The easiest way to win Euroleague games right now is by bringing in good size.
Euroleague is drained of great 4-5s right now. All those NBA drafts took their toll.
3-4 NBA tweeners have amazing impact too.
The hardest way - through guards, especially non-shooters. I wouldn't build the game plan around DeMar with those rules. Imo, it'd be a lot about Amir and Ed Davis taking over. Can they do that, and if not, can Bargs take advantage of weaker bigs inside; judging by some EuroBasket games, I'd say it's likely.

Anyway, there's enough talent to go unbeaten. It would just have to be a very different game plan. Amir, Bargs and Barbosa (or Kleiza if healthy) carrying the main load, imo.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote