Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kevin Pangos
Thread: Kevin Pangos
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Dan Dickau was watching history in the making, and he wasn’t all that thrilled about it.

Dickau, one of the all-time greats of Gonzaga basketball, experienced mixed emotions Monday night as Bulldogs freshman Kevin Pangos drained 3-point shots with abandon in a spectacular performance against Washington State.

“I kept getting older and older as more and more shots went down,” Dickau joked.

Dickau, you see, holds the Gonzaga record of nine 3-pointers in one game. Pangos buried six treys in the first half alone, and Dickau – watching the game on television at a restaurant in Vancouver, Wash., near where he grew up, Brush Prairie – said his buddies were not shy about letting him know his record was in dire jeopardy.

“I wanted to see him keep playing well,” Dickau said, “but I wanted to keep a record as well.”

Alas, Pangos (pronounced PAN-gose) did not erase Dickau’s name from the record book. Pangos tied Dickau’s record, making 9 out of 13 shots from beyond the arc en route to a 33-point performance that Gonzaga officials believe is a school record for freshmen.

No wonder teammates have nicknamed Pangos “The Machine.”

“I haven’t seen anyone shoot that good since I was in sixth grade, and the kid was just throwin’ it up there,” said WSU’s DaVonte Lacy, a freshman guard out of Curtis High School.

“He (Pangos) shot unbelievable. Like, really unbelievable.”

Gonzaga freshman Kevin Pangos ties school record | College Sports - The News Tribune
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote