Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ethical question
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
bladeofBG
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Representing:
FINALS

@ pzabby

Well I'm not related to you, nor do we share a common faith, nor are we close friends, so there's little else I can share w/you on the matter without getting too personal.

Other than that, there are two things I'd mention (which I readily admit are in line w/my faith, but also clearly seperate from it). One is to watch the 2004 remake of 'The Stepford Wives.' I think it's an underrated movie which went underfunded by hollywood & it somewhat surprises me that it's not remembered (though perhaps that's juss the sci-fi & religious geek in me); I saw it for the first time earlier this week. Basically, women aren't robots; but reducing them to random-fuck encounters is akin treating them as such.

The second is this: Remember Wilt Chamberlain? We're all die-hard NBA fans so I'm sure you do. The dude has most likely fucked more girls than any man in the history of our planet, and even wrote a book about it. But I learned something about him from the local paper when he died 12yrs ago. And that is in a August 1998 interview with him, he said (something to the exact effect of) "All you folk today thinking it's cool to sleep with all these different women, let me tell you, it's way more fulfilling to sleep with one woman consistently, over a long period of time."

Edit: Found the link of Wilt's original quote. It's the last paragraph in this link:
http://static.espn.go.com/nba/news/1...12/110905.html

Wilt Quote: ""With all of you men out there who think that having a thousand different ladies is pretty cool, I have learned in my life I've found out that having one woman a thousand different times is much more satisfying."

@ Aar_Canada

The barometer of absolute freedom of 'choice' is how you know if you've resisted or not.

You're right on that point you made, that it's ultimately our decisions more than it is corporations. However I mentioned corporations because many of them don't hesitate to exploit human weakness & the things that can & do happen when a lack of discipline reigns. So given the nature of pzabby's original question, I feel I'm as right as you in my mention of corporations.

Last edited by bladeofBG; 11-12-2011 at 01:15 AM.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote