Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Your five favorite players of all time
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

The Killing Joke
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Your five favorite players of all time

I'm limiting it to five. It doesn't have to be by position. Just tell us, who your five favorite guys are.

In no specific order....

1. Drazen Petrovic. I grew up watching him, my uncle idolized him and I still remember where I was as a kid when the news hit that he died. I never really understood, or appreciated, how much he meant to people until when I went to Croatia last year and still saw some small memorials to him.

2. Toni Kukoc. So yeah, as a younger kid, I was really into my heritage...ha. Growing up, I wanted to be like him. I wore my Kukoc jersey constantly (number 7 Bulls) and it be pained me when he was part of the team that beat my Jazz. But he was the real deal, he could dribble, pass like a pg, score, rebound etc. If Bargnani was even a little like Kukoc we'd be in a good place.

3. Karl Malone. Another guy I wanted to be like and play like. He was a beast and yeah he was an asshole (still is) but he was unstoppable at times. He was an athletic freak as well.

4. Kevin Garnett. When he was in Minnesota, I just loved how hard he played the game and how hard he worked. He never quit, just worked and I loved his intensity. I enjoyed him in Boston, but his at one time intensity has become arrogance, but still, there's no denying how awesome he has been in his career.

5. Vince Carter. I agonized over this one. I really, really did, but at the end of the day, I still think of that time of him in Raptors uniform and just how awesome it was. During his peak as a Raptor, I just couldn't believe my eyes half the time. He was THE guy and he was on MY team. It was cool to be a Raptors fan. I'll still never really forgive the guy for quitting on the team, but that period, where he was just playing basketball.....I'll never forget being a fan and thinking I was seeing something special.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote