I'm limiting it to five. It doesn't have to be by position. Just tell us, who your five favorite guys are.
In no specific order....
1. Drazen Petrovic. I grew up watching him, my uncle idolized him and I still remember where I was as a kid when the news hit that he died. I never really understood, or appreciated, how much he meant to people until when I went to Croatia last year and still saw some small memorials to him.
2. Toni Kukoc. So yeah, as a younger kid, I was really into my heritage...ha. Growing up, I wanted to be like him. I wore my Kukoc jersey
constantly (number 7 Bulls) and it be pained me when he was part of the team that beat my Jazz. But he was the real deal, he could dribble, pass like a pg, score, rebound etc. If Bargnani
was even a little like Kukoc we'd be in a good place.
3. Karl Malone. Another guy I wanted to be like and play like. He was a beast and yeah he was an asshole (still is) but he was unstoppable at times. He was an athletic freak as well.
4. Kevin Garnett. When he was in Minnesota, I just loved how hard he played the game and how hard he worked. He never quit, just worked and I loved his intensity. I enjoyed him in Boston, but his at one time intensity has become arrogance, but still, there's no denying how awesome he has been in his career.
5. Vince Carter. I agonized over this one. I really, really did, but at the end of the day, I still think of that time of him in Raptors
uniform and just how awesome it was. During his peak as a Raptor, I just couldn't believe my eyes half the time. He was THE guy and he was on MY team. It was cool to be a Raptors
fan. I'll still never really forgive the guy for quitting on the team, but that period, where he was just playing basketball.....I'll never forget being a fan and thinking I was seeing something special.