Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sonny Weems in Europe - Blog, Stats, Highlights and Updates
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyaaa View Post
Clearly. I'm amazed some of the other posters couldnt work that out.

Nice article, thanks.
clearly you are talking about me, since i am the only other poster that mentioned this.

first, i did manage to work that out, thanks very much. it helps that i am not a colossal idiot.

second, there is an associated implication with what he said. my point was that he worded it poorly, and it appears as an example of why he was not a very successful nba player. the good ones don't take games off. what do you think kobe would say if you suggested that some games don't count? or jordan? or bird? these guys would destroy you for the chance to win a mid-december game. and by not acknowledging that, weems just illustrates the same kind of half-assed approach we saw when he played for the raps. taking plays off, taking games off, not going hard all the time... that's what separates the stars from the weak players. and even journeymen, although they are not supremely talented, make a solid career for themselves by showing up every day and working their butts off. because that's what it takes. and it appears that sonny doesn't realize that.

so maybe you could try to look a bit deeper into what i said instead of assuming that i am a moron and wasn't able to 'work that out'.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote