Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DeRozan interview with the National Post
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Default DeRozan interview with the National Post

Quote:
NP What is your average day like right now?
DD I get up. I work out in the morning. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I work out twice a day. Tuesdays, Thursdays and on the weekend, I play with the pros. We have open runs. That’s my week. I do that every week … We go to [Loyola Marymount University] that’s out here. There are 10 or 15 pros. We just play games all day.

NP Who is playing in these games?
DD Al Harrington, Rudy Gay, Gary Forbes, Corey Maggette, Earl Watson. A lot of guys. It’s been pretty competitive.

NP Has there been a focus to what you’re trying to improve this summer?
DD I am just trying to improve my overall game. I never look at just one part of my game. I try to complete everything in my game and put everything together.

NP Where have you seen a noticeable improvement in yourself?
DD My three-point shooting has been a lot better. I’m more comfortable with it. I’m a lot stronger and a lot more confident. That’s one aspect I definitely feel comfortable with now.
Quote:
NP How much are you talking to your teammates?
DD Oh man, I was just talking to Jerryd [Bayless] last week. We were in Mexico. We played in two games in Mexico. I always talk to him. I always talk to James [Johnson]. I talk to all the guys as much as I can.

NP Is there any thought to getting a few of the guys together and working out?
DD Yeah. I talked to Jerryd a few days ago. I’m going to go out to Phoenix. We’re going to get a couple guys to come to Phoenix this weekend.
Quote:
NP What did you know about Jonas Valanciunas before the Raptors drafted him, and what have you learned about him since?
DD I really didn’t know much about him. But ever since we drafted him, I’ve tried to pay attention to what he’s doing. And he’s doing well. It’s been good to see. I think that’s going to be helpful, especially whenever he comes over to the team. He’s already playing at a high level. The things he’s doing — scoring, rebounding, blocking — they are great, and that’s what we need.

NP Is that what the team needs most: an anchor at centre?
DD Yeah. That’s one aspect that we were really hurting at last year. Once we get that going, I think we should be fine.
Raptors’ DeRozan pleads for patience from fans | Posted Sports | National Post
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote