Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kobe has a Kwame Brown Story
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
You have a very nice way with words. "Instead he demanded that his coach immediately throw his teammate under the bus" is just the extreme of saying "Instead he requested that his coach take him out of the game." And that is totally reasonable considering what Kwame said to him at the NBA level against the fricking Pistons because you want guys on the floor that are willing to compete with one of the best teams in the NBA.
You are correct that I interpret Kobe's words differently than you. Somehow I just can't decipher "I told Phil to take him out of the game" as a way of saying that he made a request of his coach. And him being furious afterwards was all about how his coach reacted. Who was Phil supposed to put in there? And how was he supposed to manage games from that point on, with one big that needed his minutes limited, and another that was no better at free throws.

Kobe had already thrown Bynum under the bus while being furious that Bynum wasn't traded for Kidd. Team chemistry means nothing to the guy. And Phil looked incredibly happy to be done with it.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote