Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kobe has a Kwame Brown Story
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
Again, nothing more too it. Then again, LX could convince himself that Kobe is the cause of global warning, and he'd defend it tirelessly. Because if you think telling the boss that a co-worker isn't pulling his weight near a business deal deadline is wrong, as opposed to after the deal has already fell through, may god (or lack thereof) help us all.

The only thing I agree with is that he shouldn't have told the story. At least that Kobe hate is justified.
He told the boss to pull the C off the floor. What was he expecting? Ronnie Turiaf was going to make everything just so? Tell the boss that one of very few specialized coworkers needs to be shown up. The deal deadline still gets missed, and all the deals coming down the pike are in jeopardy. Please do not look to Kobe for management tips.

And you say the telling of the story is an issue? Is there a big difference? The demands he placed on Phil, and the drama of being furious, serves the same purpose as telling the story afterwards. Can you not read between the lines in each case? I am Kobe and it's a crying shame that I was not allowed to win more than I did, to put up more numbers than I did, to score 40 and win while cruising through every season, and always reserving the right to take on the role of coach or GM.

I remember MJ telling the story about all the failures, all the missed shots, all the lost games that people forget, but which drove him to always be better. Kobe's story is that none of the losses, none of the failures, none of the missed shots are on him. Poor poor kobe for being denied true, undeniable, greatness. Gotta love it. He's an inspiration. That true greatness will continue to be denied, and not just by me.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote