Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Arsenalist: Competition in Summer 2010 Spending
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs View Post
I'd like to think that the Raps will get a superstar, but the financials don't look so promisng for stingy MLSE.

According to hoopshype.com (not the best source, but that's what's available)
Bosh $20M (if he resigns, it'll be for more than the $17M in his player option)
Jose $9M
Kapono $6.6M
Bargnani $8.5M
Superstar $22M (Raps will need to overpay someone to come to the great white north)

That's $66M for 5 players... Assuming the tax threshold is a generous $75M, the Raps would still need 4-5 role players and 2-3 end of benchers for $9M.

Will they go over the tax threshold? I wouldn't be surprised if the Raps sign two to three Tier 2 players, instead of the one Superstar.
Well I would assume Jamario will be under contract for between 3 and 4 per. Same with Hump, Jawaii, Ukic all for around 3 to 5 million range. Unless I am mistaken we would have Bird rights for Bosh and that would allow us to go well over tax to sign players and it would only thake about 17 per would bring in Joe.

If the team was contending for a championship they would go over the tax, without a doubt. They have in the past. MLSE will not spend money foolishly, but if they had a chance to sign a superstar/allstar to pair with superstar Bosh, allstar Jose and a solid supporting cast; anyone who doesnt think they would is foolish
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote