Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Revolution
Thread: Revolution
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
please explain. what rules did i set up? i'm not sure if you are referring to the loigical fallacies. certainliy i did not make those up. i'm not sure what other rules i could have stated.
Because you say something is a fallacy does not make it one. Because you call one a red herring doesn't make it so.

Quote:
and i don't really have an expressed doctrine in this debate. your original post seemed to ask for some clarification as to what people are protesting. i am trying to give a clear voice to that and to counter some of the points that you are making against it. i am not part of this movement, and although i have some sympathy for some of it, i don't accept it all as fact either. but i also don't reject it outright for reasons that are quite simply leaps in logic.
I asked for clarification yes, instead I got preached to.

Quote:
are you suggesting that these protesters don't have strength in their convictions, or just the few that have jobs and ipads?
I am saying that a very small group do yes.

Quote:
also, is it enough to have strength in your conviction if your conviction is unjust?
Enough? no. the better question is, "can you have strength in your conviction and have it be unjust"? the answer to that is yes.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote