Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Revolution
Thread: Revolution
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
wall street facilitates (and is a symbol of) that wealth concentration. it is not solely responsible for it, by any stretch of the imagination, but there is enormous power in it, and that power is out of the realm of possibility for the vast majority of humans.

the question of whether or not they hate stocks is kind of missing the point.

finance capital is an abstraction, and a fetishization of power and of the productive and earning capacity of people. and the connection of that wealth and that abstraction of power to media outlets and government is troubling to people who want access to equity and to a say in the way standards are set and the way values are expressed in terms of praxis.
Yet they protest in designer clothes, tweet from their iphones after they are done they go to the store and buy what they want, watch some tv and crawl into bed. We have access to more information than ever before in the history of the universe. We watch sports and play video games, we go to movies and are free to express ourselves as we please.

My question is, are things really so bad? Forget the overarching politik of unions vs corporations. Our poor in north america would be considered by 90% of the world to be some of the luckiest people on the planet.

Finance capital is a result of people with power and money making the rules so they continue to have power and money. I would just rather they have it than Idi Amin.

If those protesting the system truly hated the system they should not be enjoying the fruits of the system.

So while we talk about Raptors, Comic Books and You Tube Videos, we have the ability and the forum (pun intended) to rail against the "great injustice" while some in the world are not allowed to drive to speak or have an opinion. I would like to protest that, I would like to protest the hypocrisy.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote