Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Moon In The Dog House With Raptors?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
I was told by a very senior, disappointed member of the basketball braintrust that he wasnít in town to work out due to unspecified ďpassport problemsĒ which Iím sure is true but probably something that could have been worked out earlier.

No oneís saying he has to be here (and by contract he doesnít have to be), itís just that he should, because a second-year player coming off a so-so end to a rookie season who figures to be in a fight to retain his starting position should be in town a week before training camp begins. He doesnít have to be here, and players have been returning in dribs and drabs since early September but, and trust me on this, people in the organization notice these things.

Itís not a huge deal, but it is a deal. The guy I talked to was disappointed and if the bosses arenít happy, it canít be a good thing.

Iím sure heíll be in this week Ė there was some suggestion he was going arrive last night Ė and things will get back to normal.

I only mentioned it because it was mentioned to me in a casual conversation.

Found it for you....much ado about nothing if you ask me.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote