Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Arsenalist: Competition in Summer 2010 Spending
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Arsenalist: Competition in Summer 2010 Spending

Just a little blurb courtesy of Arsenalist (as well Tim Chisholm from TSN) regarding the summer of 2010 and some of the others that are going to have money to spend towards free agents and such. Needless to say, definitely interesting not only a couple teams around the association, but the Raptors too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenalist.com
Tim Chisolm (who I think is awesome and needs to be a beat writer for the Raptors) has another piece (Link - Tim's Latest Column) out where he’s talking about the Thunder while comparing and contrasting them to the Portland Trailblazers. Nice article, check it out. Interesting thought I had while reading it: You know how the Raptors are gearing up to make a run at free agents in Summer 2010? Well, the Thunder have one up on them. They only have Nick Collison under contract after that year and his salary is $6.75M - that’s it! Contrast this with the Raptors who will have $32.8M tied up (still very much under the cap). The question then becomes which is a more desirable city to play for and the answer should be obvious unless old Canadian prejudices still stand. Either way we’ll have some competition that summer and it wouldn’t even shock me to see us resign O’Neal to a smaller contract if he has two decent years with us. Others competing with us include Golden State, Atlanta, NJ and Minny.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote