Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - OVER/UNDER: Bargnani 6.5 REBS next season
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Over. Part of his rebounding struggles - outside of his obvious and unchanging lack of interest - come from having to deal with large centers - that will lessen somewhat at the 4. Also, if he is not the designated helper, as Casey has alluded to, he will be assigned with defensive rebounding as his primary task. I've got some hope left that Casey will be able to encourage him to fill that role to a degree. Finally, with Reggie gone, the team rebounding will suffer, but I expect Bargs' to go up. So, probably around 7ish, maybe 7.5 if I'm feeling optimistic.
Bahhhh, most of his problems are because he plays 20feet from the rim on offense and his offensive rpg is a joke. He's often matched up against PF on defense anyway. If he still insists on taking 18-22ft shots and taking two steps back rather then two steps in to follow his shot than any improvement in his rebounding will minimal at best, and that's if he can get 5 defensive rebounds per game. I think that he'll be around 6rpg with the outside chance of him getting 6.5rpg which would mean even here. More then that is a pipe dream at this point. Besides, he's 7' 250lbs, bohoo he has to go up against the centers in the league.

Last edited by jeffb; 09-27-2011 at 09:01 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote