Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Could we emerge from the lock out as potential winners?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu
payin Dwyane Wade

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
How so?

They traded for Jared Bayless and expected to only have a couple months to try him out? They planned to resign him blindfolded?

They expected to lose Barbosa's expiring year? When he may actually be worth a pick this year to someone like Chicago?

They have 5 young guys on cheap contracts and they planned to lose a year of those? Instead of developing them and finding out who's worth extensions?

Drafting Valanciunas is the only lockout-friendly move I see. Because he's in Europe anyway.
But that was an obvious talent pick, wasn't it?
I'm sorry... what do you think they gave up for Bayless and how good do you think he is? I think your overestimating both.

Lol if you think they are going to be given a year closer to UFA. Not gonna happen. Contracts will pick back up where they let off and if not, they end up with more cap space than anyone.

5 guys getting one year older, bigger and stronger. Not sure why you see that as horribly bad for this team.

There will be a one time buyout clause to get out from any bad contracts with a small penalty against the cap.

The end up with 4 very good young players and high picks in 2 years with the only one being paid anything is derozan.

The NHL set too good a precident.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote