Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors TV To Go HD
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Raptors TV To Go HD



Quote:
Originally Posted by National Post
The CRTC approved today an application by by Toronto Raptors Network Ltd. to offer a signal of Raptors TV in high-definition format.

Conditions of the license mean that the HD channel will have to offer 95% of the same content as the standard Raptors signal, while the remaining 5% must also be HD programming.

Toronto Raptors Network will now have to convince cable and satellite companies to carry the enhanced signal as part of their service, which can be an issue because of the amount of limited bandwidth HD channels suck up.

However, one industry source not affiliated with Toronto Raptors Network said that "as a Canadian HD channel with an established brand, Raptors HD will do very well."
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote