Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA player sues exercise ball maker over accident
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Now now there are so many factors that could come into play....over inflation, under inflation, age of the ball, puncture, excessive stress of hitting or nearing the max weight....I'm sure others have used it and if I can lift 90lbs dumbbells I'm sure they have used more, etc, etc, etc.

In the end it's a ball of air encased in plastic....seriously, if you push the limit you have incidents like this.
True, but if the ball is susceptible to fatigue, weakening its strength over time, that is something the engineers designing it would know and include in the acceptable weight limit. Age of the item or 'nearing' the weight limit would not hold up in court as reasons to discredit his claim, if it is not clearly stated either in the manual that comes with the ball or on the ball itself that that constitutes a danger.

Simply put, the exercise ball was being used for exercise, so unless he exceeded the weight limit or specifically misused the ball based on restrictions listed in the documentation that comes with purchase of the ball, he has a very strong case.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote