Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - GOP/Tea Party Debate
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
It's pretty surreal for me to hear audiences cheering executions one night, and then on another night hearing them egg on the candidates and moderator concerning whether a person without coverage should be left to die with a few vehement outbursts in the affirmative. The bloodlust is incredible. The monster that these guys have unleashed is going to fuck them over in the end, and I have to worry that it gets much uglier. When do we see the torches and pitchforks?
A lot of Tea partiers are insane. When Wolf Blitzer asked if they should just let that guy die (with no insurance) and some were yelling Yes....that tells you something about the atmosphere in that room. In my lifetime i have never seen such a polorized society as it currently is in the US. Each candidate is walking on egg shells on everything they say, more than ever before. They can't offend the far right wacko's and Tea partiers but if they're too radically right they'll never get the independants, moderates and will lose many minority votes. And the blatant lies being thrown around is complete horseshit. Yesterday, Perry was saying that Obama's stimulus package has created zero jobs. Now, anyone with half a brain knows that's a blatant lie, but it's becoming the norm now and more extreme than ever.

Last edited by jeffb; 09-13-2011 at 09:55 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote