Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Bargnani hate is excessive and a little embarrassing
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
hitman67
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Default The Bargnani hate is excessive and a little embarrassing

I know that Bargs isn't the perfect player and he obviously has holes in his game. I get that and I'm not disputing it. What I don't understand is how the fanbase can fixate so much on his shortcomings while completely ignoring the stuff he's actually good at? It's gotten to the point where some people are so blinded by the hate that they won't even give the guy credit when he does well.

Case in point... his performance this summer was stellar. His team didn't do that well but as an individual and a leader on the Italian National Team he played about as well as you could hope. He's still not an amazing rebounder or help defender but in this particular tournament he improved in both those categories while sustaining his offensive game. Statistically speaking he was probably one of the best players in that round of the tournament and he demonstrated flashes of brilliance. Obviously the level of competition wasn't as high as the NBA but come on guys... he's still a member of our team and he played well.

As far as last season goes... do you guys honestly think that the Raps would have done much better as a team if we had Bosh in Bargs' place? I think we would of sucked either way so it's not fair to blame everything on one guy. I don't care if we keep him or trade him as long as we get better as a team but as long as he's a member of the Raps and one of the better players (if not the best player we got) then let's not get carried away with the hate.
hitman67 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote