Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - GOP/Tea Party Debate
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cubed View Post
Then he should've bought insurance. He took a massive risk. To rely on a free handout from the community or govt is ridiculous. Taxpayers that are insured are penalized for doing the right thing and subsidize someone who didn't deserve it.

The guy should take out a loan, possibly from a gov't created entity, to pay back for the surgeries... he doesn't deserve a free handout.

Ethics and morals are subjective. Universal healthcare is not a human right. Buy insurance and take responsibility for your own actions for crying out loud. This is particularly true for a healthy 30-something year old with a good job.
so then you (and ron paul) do support letting him die? this is my point. he just backed away from answering the question. it was an empty response. if you have the choice to buy insurance or not, and you choose not to, you should take responsibility and die. he could have just said 'yes, i support that' instead of trying to frame it around freedom.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote