Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Tennis thread...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #535 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Federer's errors aren't just mental though. He has a tough time with the pace and spin that guys like Nadal and Djokovic offer. They don't give him a lot of free points when they are on their games, and they know how to keep him from finding his groove. It's a fine line, but he's simply a half-step below those guys, so for him to impose his will on a match he has to be perfect while a Djokovic has so much confidence to carry over that he can find a way to win even when he's less than perfect.
Eh. People said the same thing when Tsonga came back from 2 sets down to beat him.... and Fed. just manhandled him this time out in 3 straight sets.

I don't think that Roger has to be perfect at all... he just can't be horrible.

Again... 60 unforced errors... that's HORRIBLE.

If Novak would have had a ton of aces and winners I'd agree... but he didn't.... and he was one lucky-ass shot from losing the match.

I think Fed's problems are mental right now TBH... that and I think that Novak FINALLY realizes that he can beat Fed now... and that's huge.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key