Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kirilenko?
Thread: Kirilenko?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
hitman67
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Default Kirilenko?

Is anyone else impressed with AK47 and the way he's been playing for the Russian NT this summer? The more I think about it, the more I feel like he might be the perfect free agent to chase this year (assuming the lockout ends sometime soon).

He's a defensive minded vet that does everything that we lack. I know we need a true C but with JoVa a year away it wouldn't make much sense to invest a lot of money in someone to fill that role. We also have depth at every other position except the 3. The good thing about AK is that while he can play the 3 he's also extremely versatile and can help with rebounding and shotblocking too... both of which are things we need.

The only concern is that he probably wants a decent contract and we'd have to overpay to get him. With that said, we have the capspace and we're going to use it one way or another... I don't think we can go wrong investing in a guy that's as versatile as AK. If his shot isn't falling at the very least you know he's going to play pesky defense and help us win in other ways. He's not as one dimensional as other free agents we've targeted in recent years so I think it'd be a wise choice (assuming we can land him).

Thoughts?
hitman67 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote