Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hurricane Irene
Thread: Hurricane Irene
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Yeah cube, there was no story there. It was a huge storm. Ask the people in the Bahamas. The climatologists knew what they were looking at, and if the eye wall of this thing had held together everything would have been much different. I fail to see where there s a problem to have people prepared, especially when it looks like there will be drawn-out power outages? You've got a huge storm headed right at an extremely densely populated area. The science concludes that any number of scenarios could put a lot of people at risk. What do you suppose would be a better approach to take? It didn't mean that people needed to panic. I didn't see anyone saying it was a desperate situation. The suggestion was that it could be if people did not take precautions.

Don't tell me that because the eye wall didn't hold together, you can conclude in the absence of any scientific knowledge, that this was never anything much to worry about. I'm afraid the irrationality on display comes from you suggesting as much.

As for the coverage of the after-effects where reporters wade into floodwaters, well yeah, that's always ridiculous. Big whoop. Overall, there is going to be an ever increasing number of these situations, and nobody should count on being lucky every time. That is how Katrinas happen, in terms of a disaster becoming entirely unmanageable.

Last edited by LX; 08-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote