Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Best prospect DD, Val or ED?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Highest upside relative to his age, experience etc. For me it's Val. His footwork is very impressive for a kid his age, he doesn't shy from contact and he plays like a 'man' (and what I mean, is that he isn't intimidated by who he plays with, his IQ is high etc.) Defensively, I think he's already that Bargnani (sorry Bargnani supporters, but it's true) and if he stepped in today, he'd get called on BS calls, but wouldn't hurt us.

So, under the criteria I'm going with Val.

With the next two, I'd go with Ed. Every time I've watched this kid and the few times I saw him live, I thought to myself, he plays like a leader out there, a guy who sets a tone. Now, it didn't happen often, but sometimes, you'd see him out there and he'd be the guy taking the charge, grabbing the rebounds, getting the blocks. The guy working defensively and not backing down (thinking about it now I'm excited to see he and Val paired up) from anyone. He plays like a vet almost. Defensively, I think he'll be more valuable to us. I think that's why I'm excited to see him paired with Val. Under the right coaching (why Casey is a good choice), we could have shut down pair of low post defenders.

Now, Ed is still very raw offensively (gotta work on a short jumper, his FT's) but I call that 'easy' stuff to learn. You gotta put the hours in the gym in, but work hard enough, and it will come. He's got a lot of the intangibles so I'd place him second.

DeRozan for me, is a clear third (and I know someone will read this and say, what a hater, he's hating on DeRozan blah, blah, blah and that's not it at all). I've been a big DeRozan supporter for awhile now. But, out of the three, he's got the lowest IQ and he plays with too much tunnel vision. Now, apart of that could be due to who he plays with, but he plays too selfishly and forces too often (again, there could be legit reasons for that) that I'm having a hard time telling if it's just a part of his game OR if it's part of his mental makeup. And defensively, I think he has the least amount of potential, because of his size. That's not to say he'll always be a poor defender, but he's got to make adjustments his next season, otherwise, we'll have to make some tougher decisions....
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote