Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Best prospect DD, Val or ED?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Among their peers? Among his draft class at his position didn't Ed Davis come close to leading all rookies at his position in double doubles and when he started he averaged 11/10/1, leading his team in double doubles.

Six months ago ESPN said Ed Davis looks like the steal of the 2010 draft. IMO all three of these players have good to very good potential. But Val is the biggest unknown of all three when it comes to playing in the NBA and he plays at a position that is the most difficult to adapt to in the league and takes the longest to develop.
What if I said I had a different view of what his peers represented? Would you still be so quick to disagree? I do in fact look at other variables besides draft class. You may not, but that's cool too. I'm not interested in comparing Ed against the guards in his class though I'd consider Monroe, Cousins and Favors among his peers, two of which I'd consider ahead of him at this point. Davis may have been a great grab at 13 but that is actually irrelevant to this thread question.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote