Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA fantasy draft
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Yea I thought about that too but I don't know much about players before say 2000. This way everyone has a fair "scouting report". I was thinking that we should do the players as they are today...so you can't pick a player and say "in his prime", if you want shaq you get 39 year old shaq.

So so far we have 4 or 5 who are down. I would say we need a minimum of 10 and max of 30 people.
2 things worth thinking about -

in a all-time nba fantasy draft, there would be nothing to stop you from taking only players after 2000. there are plenty of superstars there. i'm also fairly confident that you know guys like jordan, magic johnson, larry bird, wilt chamberlain, etc, so there are older choices too, even if you don't know who pete maravich was.

one rule i had considered was that you would have to select the season for a particular player, but that player could not be picked again in any year. so you would have to say 1991-1992 jordan, for instance, and then mj would be off the board. you can't just say 'in his prime', and you can't have multiple selections of the same player.

Last edited by 'trane; 08-26-2011 at 01:07 PM.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote