Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What is your philosophy?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Not only the content of your response, but its form, reciprocates and productively refracts my own gesture. I like that I'm reading what you and sj wrote to my reply after spending the whole day reading what others have said about Jack Layton. There's a solace in both of your responses that's going to make me sleep a lot better than i had anticipated.

Thanks 'trane.
Funny you brought up Layton. I connected your post and Trane's response with the spirit of the day as well.

Personally, I have always felt that there is nothing more hedonistic than giving. Of course it might be a luxury that is not available to everyone, and that is why I pointed to individual circumstances in my original post. It would be a wonderful aim, and quite a Laytonesque one at that, to provide that luxury to everyone.

If I may try to explore more concrete terms, there is a great sense of elation when realizing that the mosquito, or the leach, is not taking my blood, but that it is as much theirs as mine. Living so tightly bound within our own skins is not unlike being in a prison, particularly since we have the means of a certain boundlessness even while literally imprisoned (not that I would count on overcoming those circumstances myself, but again, it would be something to aim for).
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote