Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What is your philosophy?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
ClingRap
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i also see that as something different than selflessness. maybe i'm reading henry miller into your words, or maybe you are echoing the same idea. maybe i'm completely wrong. the point for me is that in impermanence, in letting go, in giving absolutely and in accepting the mystery that goes with life and with those choices, you achieve the ultimate state for yourself. you become part of a larger entity where selfishness and selflessness become intertwined.

i like this line, from sexus, where miller is talking about love and expresses the other side of this idea - what happens when you don't give absolutely:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Not only the content of your response, but its form, reciprocates and productively refracts my own gesture. I like that I'm reading what you and sj wrote to my reply after spending the whole day reading what others have said about Jack Layton. There's a solace in both of your responses that's going to make me sleep a lot better than i had anticipated.

Thanks 'trane.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote