Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What is your philosophy?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
If I'd answered this question ten years ago and looked at it in the present moment then I wouldn't recognize myself.
I wouldn't have written what I'm about to. My philosophy is to give as much as I can, as honestly as I can, and as consistent as I can to those I encounter, accept, love, and cherish. No natter the level of permanency. I've come to see how important the mysteriousness of this life is, in some ways a kind of mysteriousness that parallels death itself. Knowing is having the courage to let go to the mystery and being completely vulnerable to its transformative potency.
Believing this has made the idea of my life becoming something else more complicated, less mysterious, and I guess, natural.
i also see that as something different than selflessness. maybe i'm reading henry miller into your words, or maybe you are echoing the same idea. maybe i'm completely wrong. the point for me is that in impermanence, in letting go, in giving absolutely and in accepting the mystery that goes with life and with those choices, you achieve the ultimate state for yourself. you become part of a larger entity where selfishness and selflessness become intertwined.

i like this line, from sexus, where miller is talking about love and expresses the other side of this idea - what happens when you don't give absolutely:

Quote:
in the egocentric prism the helpless victim is walled in by the very light which he refracts. the ego dies in its own glass cage....
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote