Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Eddie Curry sheds weight
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
INSIDER
BOOBS

never too old.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
who cares why he's motivated.... a healthy minded and bodied Curry is gonna be a really good player for some team.
if i was an owner of a team, i'd care.
the guy gets paid MILLIONS, then gets confortable and begins to shit his money away, gain weight, and become an absolute bum of a player.
years later, he's broke and only wants back in the league because he cant pay his bills, so then and only then, he decides to get into shape.
what kind of mentality is that? theres no love for the game there... only love for money.
heres a guy that may play well, only to get another decent contract and piss it away and pack on the pounds again when he's comfortable.
this is the reason the league needs to implement salaries based on conditions, or incentive pay, like they have in the NFL...
in order to get paid, Curry would have conditions based on weight, stats, etc.
only then would i want to take a chance on giving him any kind of lucrative contract.
i hope the lockout brings something like this into play. players are motivated by money, and they wont get free-rides anymore, they will have to produce in order to make their money.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote