Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Interesting Article about 2002 McDonald's All-Americans
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
6cubed
216 :}

Banned

Representing:
Default Interesting Article about 2002 McDonald's All-Americans

Quote:
Class of 2002 a cautionary tale for today's All-Americans

It was tabbed as one of the most powerful groups in years, stacked with just about everything you could ask for -- talented big men, quality point guards, big-time shooters and athletic wings.

The McDonald's All-American Class of 2002.

However, it's a decade later and only a handful could be found occupying NBA rosters last season.

Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, Chris Bosh and J.J. Redick.

Yes, that's it.

"Are you serious?" Redick said when informed there were only five NBA guys. "That is nuts. No way."

"Those numbers are alarming," added former UNC star Sean May, who spent last year in Turkey. "We had one of the best high school classes ever."

It serves as a cautionary tale to the youth of today, those who sit high atop the rankings and are coddled by coaches, shoe company executives as well as agents and runners.
Link: Class of 2002 a cautionary tale for today's All-Americans - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

Here's the list of the 2002 All-Americans: 2002 McDonald's All-Americans: Where are they now? - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com

Personally I remember these guys had NBA potential (most were drafted): Jason Fraser, Paul Davis, Sean May, DeAngelo Collins, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Roberson, Dee Brown, Hassan Adams, Sean Dockery, Elijah Ingram, Rashad McCants, Bracey Wright

Full Roster: http://statsheet.com/bhsb/mcdonalds_...ican_team/2002

Lenny Cooke didn't play in the game (academic reasons) but he was in the same class. He had crazy hype in high school.

Last edited by 6cubed; 08-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.
6cubed is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote